The world has gone mobile today. It has influenced our lives to such an extent that it is quite impossible for us to think of our existence without a smartphone. Going a step further, we have mobile apps that have given the additional luxury of keeping ourselves busy in a host of things.
Talking about the technical aspect of these mobile applications, the fact that a number of cross-platform mobile app development tools are there for developers seems to be absolutely true. The count of these tools is so extensive that it is almost impossible to even glance upon them all in a single post.
An Insight into the Cross-Platform Mobile App Development
In the past few years, the number of mobile app development tools has grown like anything. With some of the most exceptional tools available at developer’s disposal, they are now embedding exceptional functionality in the app development. Here is a brief explanation on the top five exceptional cross-platform mobile app development tools.
Top Four Exceptional Cross-Platform Mobile App Development Tools :
The best thing about PhoneGap is its open-source nature. The software is the best rescue to those mobile apps that lack substantial use of mobile app’s native features. Add on to this, it offers all the goodness of native app container.
- A single code base for designing iOS, Android and Windows applications.
- Graphic-intensive apps may suffer with poor performance.
- Although plugins are there, they may face compatibility issues.
Xamarin helps you to avoid bugs; therefore helping in accelerated development. With Xamarin, app code is written once and distributed on different mobile platforms. It is fully integrated with the SDK Of each platform.
- Sample apps are there to quick start the development.
- Additional functionality testing and quality assurance ensures seamless interaction with devices.
- Developers may face difficulty in using a number of open-source libraries.
- There may be some compatibility issues with iOS and Android development.
3 Sencha Touch
Looking for a tool to build efficient application? try Sencha Touch once and you will start recommending the mobile app development tools to others. The platform is exceptional to utilize for well-tested applications.
- Built-in native looking theme for every major platform.
- Offers support to Android, iOS, Windows and more.
- There is limitation to the availability of themes with Sencha Touch.
- Getting a thorough understanding of commercial licence is tough.
4 Kony Mobile Platform
The best thing about this mobile app development platform is the ease of building universal mobile apps. Automatic coding feature helps developers to create feature-rich applications. API Review and other such features comes inbuilt in Kony mobile platform.
- There is unified mobile infrastructure service for exceptional backend support.
- There is a limitation to the documentation and support with this platform.
- It limits the development environment.
The UI/UX Aspect of Mobile Apps
Using cross-platform tools can extensively easy the code writing process for the developers. However, they need to keep in mind that the UI of the application should be updated frequently in order to match to different systems. A poorly designed UI can cost the developers in a number of ways wherein poor app performance is the worst.
We live in a world where developers keep creating mobile app development software every other day. The development environment is so extensive that it has offered a huge opportunity to developers to create innovation in the form of mobile apps. The above-written guide represent a picture of the present scenario in mobile app development tools.