With its every new version, Android keeps on surprising the users. Be it the previous Donut (1.6) version or the newly released Nougat (7.0), the Android is continuing its journey to surprise the users with its feature-centric functional Android versions. Some of these fantastic versions have gained praises for their exceptional features. And, we are going to help you bring a closer picture of the same through the below-designed infographic.
Android Lollipop Vs Marshmallow Vs Nougat
Notification Panel Feature
- Android 5.1 Lollipop basic features are same as Kitkat. It has got similar Bluetooth, location, Wi-fi etc.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow has newly added Quick setting, newly doze feature to improve battery life.
- Android 7 Nougat has got an exceptional feature to set the notifications manually.
- Android Lollipop has a whopping 35.4% of users.
- Android Marshmallow, on the other hand, has a dignified 10.1% user base.
- Android Nougat is yet to be released.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop has an exclusive recent app menu.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow has a special fingerprint scanner.
- Android 7 Nougat includes Unicode includes 9.0 emoji.
The Security Feature
- Android 5.1 Lollipop includes the pattern lock same as Lollipop.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow has added a new fingerprint lock.
- Android 7 Nougat has been developed with an advanced fingerprint lock.
The Lock Screen
- The lock screen of Android 5.1 Lollipop comprises call, unlock and camera icons.
- With Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow microphone, unlock and camera icons are there.
- Android 7 Nougat has fingerprint, camera and microphone icons at the lock screen menu.
Alert Messaging Feature
- There is a new notification system with Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow now includes a special system UI tuner.
- And for Android 7 Nougat users, there is personalized notification system.
Every version of Android has its specific feature be it Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat. Having their specific features makes each of these versions a unique one. Almost every Android version is specific, but till date, Kitkat and Lollipop have been accepted the most by the users. However, every android version has an audience of its own. And the fact that Android surprises the users keeps them on their toes to wait for new versions that are yet to be released.